Sunday, May 22, 2011

Exercise-Week 1

Before I even decided to count calories, I had started a running program called Couch 2 5K.  I had ran before during my time in the Army but that was because I had to :)

When I decided to focus on losing weight, I restarted the program to coincide with my new eating habits.  Week 1 of the C25K program consists of:

5 min brisk walk to warm up then alternate the following for 20 minutes
Jog for 60 seconds
Walk for 90 seconds

Then you finish it with a 5 min cool-down.  Don't forget to stretch before and after!!

This is not the right exercise for everyone. YOU have to find what your comfortable doing and what your body is ready for. My friend did Zumba on her Wii 3 times a week. Right now, I enjoy the running program and look forward to the next week when I move up to jogging for 90 seconds and walking for 120! In 9 weeks, the program prepares you to run 5k or 3.2 miles.

I can't wait for next week's weigh-in to see if the weight loss continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment